A mission to serve our community with compassion
Proliance Retina, formerly known as VRA, has been one of the longstanding centers of excellence for retinal care in Seattle and throughout the Northwest. Originally incorporated in December of 2005 by its two physicians Dr. Craig Wells and Dr. Robert Nash, their clinical offices were located on the Swedish Hospital campus in Seattle, WA.
Their mission then as it is now, was to be the premier provider of retina and vitreous services in Washington state. The core values of the organization remain as a driver for how they approach the treatment and care of their patients.
- Technological Leadership
Over the following years, the organization grew at a robust pace, dedicated to meet the needs of the community at large. In addition to more board certified retina physicians joining the practice, multiple clinic offices were also open in areas convenient for our patients.
Our Timeline of Service and Growth:
- January 2007 – Dr. Robert Francis joins VRA
- December 2007 – Dr. David Saperstein joins VRA
- January 2010 – VRA merges with Eastside Retina, adding Dr. Charles Birnbach and Dr. A. Samuel Barloon as well as new offices in Bellevue and University District
- August 2010 – VRA opens a clinic office in Burlington, WA
- July 2011 – VRA closes its current Bellevue clinic opens a new Bellevue, WA clinic office
- August 2011 – The Retina Surgery Center opens in Bellevue, WA
- March 2012 – VRA joins Proliance Surgeons PS Inc
- June 2012 – VRA closes the University District clinic office and opens a clinic in Mountlake Terrace, WA
- May 2014 – VRA opens a clinic office in Kent, WA
- January 2015 – Dr. Todd Klesert joins VRA
- January 2016 – Dr. Steve Kim joins VRA
- May 2016 – VRA opens a clinic in Bellingham, WA
- September 2017 – Associate physicians Dr. Cindy Mi and Dr. Yicheng Chen join VRA
- October 2017 – VRA opens clinic office in Ellensburg, WA
- September 2018 – VRA changes its name to Proliance Retina